Please ensure that you’ve read all Clerkship information before you start your application and that you have the correct supporting documents.
- Submit an initial online application with all your contact details, requested dates and specialisation/discipline preferences, at least three months (but no more than 12 months) in advance of your requested Clerkship dates.
- A part-completed application form will be emailed to you to download. The downloaded application must be given to your medical school for completion and sign-off.
- Supporting documents must then be posted or couriered to the Clerkship Coordinator. At this stage of the application process, emailed or faxed copies will not be accepted.
- Pay the AUD$100 non-refundable Administration Fee via the link that was emailed to you.
Important details to note:
- Your application will not progress until the Clerkship Coordinator receives all supporting documents and you have paid the Administration Fee.
- Applications for the UNSW Medicine Clerkship Program are subject to the availability of clinical resources and an offer can be withdrawn at any time. UNSW Medicine can only potentially offer one specialisation/discipline placement per student and cannot split a placement between different specialisations, disciplines, units or hospitals.
- With the exception of Paediatrics and Obstetrics & Gynaecology, you must select your top three specialisation/discipline preferences, in order of your preference from the list of areas of study.
- If your top three specialisation/discipline choices are not available, the Clerkship Coordinator will consult with you.