Students who are accepted for Clerkship placement will be enrolled as a Non-Award student of UNSW Australia and be issued with a student ID card.
Students are responsible for all travel and living costs. No remuneration will be given for their clerkship.
Overseas applicants should contact their nearest Australian Diplomatic Mission with respect to visa requirements, however, generally a Visitor Visa is sufficient.
Your ETA lets you:
- enter Australia for up to three months at a time as a tourist or for business visitor purposes.
- You are also permitted to study in Australia for up to 3 months in some circumstances.
651 Subclass Visa
Your eVistor lets you:
- Enter Australia for up to 3 months during each visit during 12 months from the date the eVistor is granted
- Have a holiday or visit family and friends in Australia
- Study in Australia for up to three months in some circumstances.
Students must make their own accommodation arrangements and are advised to have it organised prior to arriving in Sydney. As accommodation costs in Sydney are high, it is recommended that students begin their search early. Unfortunately, we do not have dedicated housing available for Clerkship students.
Sydney Public Transport System
UNSW Clinical Schools
The South Western Sydney Clinical School is located within the Liverpool Hospital
The Prince of Wales Clinical School is located within the Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick
The St Vincents Clinical School is located within the St Vincent’s Hospital, Darlinghurst
The St George & Sutherland Clinical School is located within the St George Hospital, Kogarah
The School of Women’s and Children’s Health (O&G) is located within the Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick
The School of Women’s and Children’s Health (Paediatrics) is located within the Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick