Welcome to our commencing students!
We strongly recommend reviewing the Online Orientation for Medicine Postgraduate Coursework Students - this website will provide information to get you started with your studies at UNSW Sydney.
UNSW ID number
Your zID is a unique 7 digit number used for identification across UNSW systems. If you have previously studied at UNSW (e.g. as an undergraduate student) then you will use the same zID again.
If you are studying at UNSW for the first time, you will need to confirm your identity and set your zPass (i.e. an associated password for your UNSW zID). To do this, please go to the UNSW Identity Manager page and click the "New to UNSW? Start Here" button. Students commencing their studies should enter program code 9370 under "New Applicants/Students".
Communication with Pharmaceutical Medicine students throughout the year is made via email. You are expected to check your student emails on a regular basis.
Student emails can be accessed online via the UNSW Cloud Email page.
Students may wish to have their emails forwarded to a regularly monitored address. Information about email forwarding may be found at the Cloud Email forwarding info page.
Pharmaceutical Medicine students are expected to check the UNSW online learning platform, Moodle, on a regular basis during term. Major communications to students relating directly to courses will be made through Moodle.
Click here to access Moodle.
Key dates for Term 2, 2019
- Enrolment deadline: Sunday 9 June 2019
- Census date (last day to discontinue Semester 1 courses without academic penalty and financial liability): Sunday 30 June 2019
- Teaching period: 3 June to 12 August 2019
- Webinar Times for Term 2, 2019: 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm (Sydney). Please see table below for days of webinar for each course.
Health Technology Assessment in Australia
Monday evenings, from 3 June 2019
Wednesday evenings, from 5 June 2019
More key dates for UNSW can be found here:
Term 1, 2019
- PHAR9101 Introduction to the Therapeutics Industry (core course)
- PHAR9111 Pharmaceutics (elective course)
- PHAR9113 International Regulatory Affairs (Regulatory Affairs stream - option 1 of 2)
- PHAR9120 Clinical Trials (Clinical Trials stream - option 1 of 2)
Term 2, 2019
- PHAR9114 Health Technology Assessment in Australia (Health Economics stream - option 1 of 2)
- PHAR9116 Clinical Trial Management (Clinical Trials stream - option 2 of 2)
- PHAR9118 Therapeutics (elective course)
- PHAR9122 Medical Affairs (core course)
Term 3, 2019
- PHAR9104 Regulatory Affairs (Regulatory Affairs stream - option 2 of 2)
- PHAR9115 Advanced Health Technology Assessment (Health Economics stream - option 2 of 2)
- PHAR9117 Cancer Therapeutics (elective course)
- PHAR9121 Pharmacovigilance (core course)
- PHAR9130 Pharmaceutical GRA Leadership (PLuS Alliance course in conjunction with King's College London, UK and Arizona State University, USA). Enrolment is restricted, please discuss with Program Authority before enrolment)
Pharmaceutical Medicine Internship
Students who wish to graduate with a Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate must complete parts 1, 2 and 3 of the Application For Postgraduate Internal Program Transfer Form.
The form should be completed only when you are eligible for graduation. Please submit the form electronically to the Pharmaceutical Medicine Unit for approval by the Program Authority and further processing.
For application deadlines, please click here. For more information, please see the UNSW Current Students - Postgraduate Program Transfer page.
Students wishing to take time off from their studies temporarily (i.e. intending to return to complete their studies at a later date) must apply for Program Leave through myUNSW. This notifies UNSW officially that you will be returning to your studies at a later date. If you do not apply for Program Leave, your enrolment will lapse.
Students are able to take Program Leave for no more than three terms in total during their program.
Information about how to apply for Program Leave may be found here:
Fees are paid per course. Fees for 2019 are listed below:
AUD$3,420 per course
AUD$27,360 total cost of program
AUD$3,810 per course
AUD$30,480 total cost of program
Please note that fees will vary on a year-to-year basis. Total program costs are calculated based on a full time load (i.e. completion of the Master of Pharmaceutical Medicine within one year).
The Pharmaceutical Medicine program accepts non-award enrolments for all courses except PHAR9124.
Applications for non-award enrolments can be made on the form available here
Please contact us if there is any other information you would like added to this page.
Last updated Wednesday 24 April 2019