About the UNSW Pharmaceutical Medicine program
Master of Pharmaceutical Medicine at a glance:
Degree at a glance:
- Course code: 9370
- Postgraduate study
- Award type: Masters
- Fully online course
- 1 year full time or 2 years part – time
- Students may exit early at the Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (program code 5371; 36 UoC) or the Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine (program code 7370; 24 UoC) if you meet the requirements of these degrees.
How is the program delivered?
You can view detailed information about coursework and subjects in the UNSW Handbook.
The program consists of:
- six core courses
- two electives
Within the core courses, there are choices for 3 of the core courses. There are a number of elective courses available for students including an internship course.
The program is flexible and allows you to choose related courses to contribute to a particular area of focus or choose a wider range of courses that reflect your diverse interests.
Most students take one course per term. You need to take 8 courses from the following core and elective courses to complete the program (please click on the links to view the Handbook entries):
- PHAR9101 Introduction to the Therapeutics Industry
- PHAR9121 Pharmacovigilance
- PHAR9122 Medical Affairs
- Regulatory Affairs stream: PHAR9104 Regulatory Affairs OR PHAR9113 International Regulatory Affairs
- Clinical Trials stream: PHAR9120 Clinical Trials OR PHAR9116 Clinical Trial Management
- Health Technology Assessment stream: PHAR9114 Health Technology Assessment in Australia OR PHAR9115 Advanced Health Technology Assessment
- PHAR9111 Pharmaceutics
- PHAR9117 Cancer Therapeutics
- PHAR9118 Therapeutics(link is external)
- PHAR9124 Pharmaceutical Medicine Internship
- PHAR9130 Global Regulatory Affairs Leadership (entry restrictions apply – contact Program Authority for further information
More information about the program and coursework details
Visit the UNSW Handbook.
Contact the Pharamaceutical Medicine Program team:
(02) 9385 2464