Fulbright Future Postdoctoral Scholar (2021), host institution: St Jude Children's Research Hospital, Tennessee, USA
I'm an exercise-oncology researcher specializing in the role of exercise during and after chemotherapy for paediatric and adult cancers.
PhD in Paediatric exercise-oncology (2019) and MSc in Ovarian exercise-oncology (2014). Selected for a Fulbright Future Fellowship at St Jude's Children's Hospital in 2021. Always open to collaborations, fellowships and/or lecturer roles in the field of Exercise-Oncology.
Advocate for national/international collaborations to grow the evidence base to improving health outcomes for cancer survivors. Open to opportunities in Australia and abroad.
- * Passionate Exercise-Oncology researcher with 8 years of specialised experience investigating, child and adult (with specialty in ovarian cancer) cancers, with experience in peripheral neuropathy and telehealth.
- * Proven writing track record with 11 peer-reviewed publications (most 1st author)
- * Demonstrated teaching ability by tutoring for 10 UNSW university subjects (1st to 4th year students from Exercise Physiology and Public Health). Invited guest lecturer to 2 Sydney universities.
- * Established network of Exercise-Oncology researchers from Sydney, inter-state and overseas.
- * Dedicated to career progression of others: trained as a Postgraduate Mentor and supervised 8 students (6x 4th year Exercise Physiology, 1x MSc and 1x FRACP Advanced Trainee project)
- * Executive committee member for Exercise and Sport Science Australia's Research Committee
- * Executive committee member for Clinical Oncology Society of Australia's Exercise & Cancer committee
- * Advisory Board member for Little Big Step's registered charity