There are a number of steps that need to be taken to fulfil the requirements of the UNSW Medicine admission process. For dates, please visit our Important Dates page. Read the instructions below in full before commencing your application.
1. Application via UAC or UNSW Admissions
- Application via UNSW Admissions
Applicants NOT sitting an Australian or New Zealand Year 12 examination are required to submit an application through UNSW Admissions.
Applicants are advised to apply through UNSW Admissions Apply Online and submit the documents as soon as possible because (1) interviews are held throughout most of the year and (2) there is a quota of only 80 places for international students so there is the possibility that places may be filled prior to application closing dates.
- Application via UAC
Applicants who are sitting an Australian or New Zealand Year 12 examination are required to put in an application through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
- Applicants sitting the International Baccalaureate Diploma exam can apply either via UAC or UNSW Admissions.
- UNSW Foundation students apply for medicine through the Unipreference system (please contact UNSW Foundation Adviser for more details).
2. Apply for and sit ISAT (International Student Admission Test)
ISAT testing commences in March each year. ISAT should be undertaken by 30 November. However, because UNSW Medicine continues to make offers to the program throughout the year, we recommend you sit the test earlier.
3. Complete and submit the UNSW Medicine Application Form
Once you have started this application, you will receive an e-mail with your username and password (receipt) so that you can work on/complete your application and submit it.
The UNSW Medicine Application Form is available from early April in the year preceding commencement in the Medicine program. It includes questions on why applicants want to study Medicine at UNSW, details of their relevant personal qualities and skills, their non-academic interests and activities and a brief description of their life experience. Please note that the information you provide in this form is not used to select applicants for interview. The information is used to set the context of the applicant’s interview.
4. Attend Medicine interview
Applicants who are offered an interview can select to be interviewed either by telephone, Skype or face-to-face.
5. Wait for outcome of your application
Once all three selection criteria are available, results will be combined to determined if an offer to the program will be made.
6. Accept your offer and pay applicable fee
7. UNSW personalized admission/enrolment page available to all selected applicants with instructions regarding enrolment, NSW Health requirements and other important and helpful information.
8. Enrol in your courses.
9. Pay your tuition fees.
If you have any problems completing your online application, do not hesitate to contact us:
Medicine Education & Student Office