Related Links


I really want to be able to do this Exercise Physiology course, but I am afraid that I won't get the marks?

A number of students enter the Bachelor of Exercise Physiology by transferring from other UNSW programs (e.g. Bachelor of Science), or similar programs at other universities, after completing 1 or 2 years of study. Internal Program Transfer within UNSW is possible and is based on your weighted average mark (WAM) and number of courses completed.

If you are transferring from another university you will need to apply through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) and your application will be assessed by UAC on a combination of university marks and ATAR.

Course credit for previous studies can be recognised by applications submitted to either UNSW Admissions or Student Central.

First year courses in chemistry, molecular and cellular biology, anatomy, statistics and psychology are good course selections if you wish to transfer.

I did not do HSC Chemistry or Mathematics, is this a problem?

It is still possible to gain entry to the Bachelor of Exercise Physiology without having done HSC Chemistry or Mathematics. However, we highly recommend that you complete the Chemistry Bridging Course if you have not done HSC Chemistry and the Mathematics Bridging Course if you have not done HSC Mathematics.

Can I undertake this program as a part-time student?

Currently you are required to enrol as a full-time student but you may seek permission to reduce your full-time load if necessary. All subjects are taught at the Kensington campus. Attendance is required for all lectures, tutorials, clinical and practical / laboratory sessions. Lectures, tutorials and practicals are run between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Can I do this program as distance education?

No. The Bachelor of Exercise Physiology degree program is a hands-on, science-based program. Therefore it is not possible to deliver the required level of practical experience through distance education.

Can I get advanced standing for tertiary courses that I have already completed?

Yes. Tertiary level courses (subjects) that are equivalent in content will be credited towards your degree program. Credit for prior learning will be at the discretion of the Program Authority.

Are there any scholarships available for students in this program?

There are scholarships available for entry into UNSW but not for the Exercise Physiology program specifically. For information on University scholarships, including the Ben Lexcen Sporting Scholarships, please visit the UNSW Scholarships website.

Who do I contact if I have more questions?

Exercise Physiology Program
(02) 9385 2557