Date: Friday, 18 October 2019
Time: 10:30am - 12:20pm
Location: Waverley Library Theatrette, 32 Denison St, Bondi Junction. Free parking (for first 2 hours) and lift available.
Join CHeBA researchers Dr Nicole Kochan (CHeBA Senior Research Fellow, Leader of CHeBA's Neuropsychology Group and Principal Investigator of the CogSCAN study), Karen Allison (Study Coordinator of CogSCAN) and Dr Catherine Browning (Study Coordinator of the Sydney Centenarian Study) as they present Current Research on Memory and Healthy Brain Ageing at the University of the Third Age (U3A) this October.
Talks by CHeBA Representatives:
- Dr Nicole Kochan: Healthy Brain Ageing and Brain Fitness
- Dr Catherine Browning: Remembering to Remember – Prospective Memory in our Daily Life
- Karen Allison: CogSCAN (Study of Computer-Administered Neuropsychological tests in seniors)
There will also be an opportunity to register as a study participant for the following CHeBA studies:
- CogSCAN (Study of Computer-Administered Neuropsychological tests in seniors) - the first independent, systematic evaluation of four prominent and widely used computerised cognitive assessment instruments in healthy older adults and in people with mild cognitive impairment and dementia.
- Sydney Centenarian Study - a longitudinal project that explores the genetic and environmental determinants of extreme longevity.
All U3A members and non-members are welcome. Bookings are not required.
(Non-members who wish to attend more than two events at U3A will be requested to join as members.)